Property Tax Rebate for Seniors Program
The province of Nova Scotia is once again offering its Property Tax Rebate for Seniors Program.
Posted on Nov 04, 2014
Careforce is pleased to pass along this information for all seniors.
Service Nova Scotia will once again deliver the Property Tax Rebate for Seniors Program on behalf of the Department of Community Services.
The Property Tax Rebate Program for Seniors provides a 50% rebate of the actual residential municipal property taxes you paid, up to a maximum of $800, providing you meet All of the following requirements:
- Received or were eligible to receive the Guaranteed Income Supplement or the Allowance in January 2014.
- Still live in your home when you apply for the rebate
- Your 2013 Municipal Residential Property Taxes are in your name or include your name
- Your 2013 Municipal Residential Property Taxes are paid in full
- Your application is received and post marked no later than December 31st 2014
- Application must be the original (we do not accept faxed or copied signatures)
For more information or to apply, click here.